article by Julia on May 29, 2011
As far as running is concerned, there is no way I would even consider going with out my headphones. The rhythm helps me to plan my run; I adjust my stride and speed to match the beat. Music helps to keep me going, and just when I feel I am on my last legs, Areosmith comes along, picks me up and carries me along for another mile!
This is one of my running playlists, which I have put in the order to include the 3 songs I use to warm up at the beginning and the 3 I play for cool down at the end.
- (Mucho Mambo) Sway - Shaft
- Too Lost In You – Sugar Babes
- Volare – Gypsy Kings
- Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet
- Same Old Song and Dance – Aerosmith
- Toy Soldier – Britney Spears
- One Way or Another – Blondie
- Alejandro – Lady Gaga
- Candyman – Christina Aguilera
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Dude (Looks Like a Lady) – Aerosmith
- Misery – Maroon 5
- Walk This Way – Aerosmith
- Work It Out! – Beyoncé
- Waiting for Tonight – Jennifer Lopez
- Love Machine – Girls Aloud
- Rock Star – Nickleback
- Walking In Memphis – Mark Cohn
- Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
There you have my playlist, songs to keep you going faster, stronger and longer. And don’t forget, when you have the breath, to sing out loud like I do! I have nearly been sectioned twice but I don’t care, we really have to enjoy working out and running otherwise what’s to stop us just sitting on our expanding backsides. So, run, dance, workout and sing. It will be worth every note!